Thunder-Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunder-Games

For all game creators...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)

Go down 
+3
Salazarr
Russssssssssia
Drakir Karakoff
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakir Karakoff
Admin
Drakir Karakoff

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-08-26

[Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) Empty
PostSubject: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:31 pm

Genre: RPG

Description:
This is the first version of Return of the Prince to be released to public view.

Features:
Epic story, stealth mission, 5 quests, Side-view Battle, 2 dungeons, two playable characters, etc.

Plot:
Hiri village is raided, but the the ones behind the raid are not bandits, it is Soldiers of Gaznia and its Emperor Salazar himself. A young boy helplessly watch his parents getting slaughtered by soldiers, but there is a shine of hope left. In the neighbour village...

Created by: Drakir Karakoff and Salazarr

[Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) 1[Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) 2
[Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) 3[Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) 4

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/141587512/Return_of_the_Prince.rar.html

RTP is needed in order of playing the game. Get it here: http://www.tkool.jp/products/rpgvx/eng/download.html#rtp

Last edited by Drakir Karakoff on Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Russssssssssia

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:14 pm

Hehe, looks nice...
I'll just need to download WINRAR and I'll be able to play it... =)

Are you guys planning to release this on phone too?
Back to top Go down
Drakir Karakoff
Admin
Drakir Karakoff

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:21 pm

No, or at least I will not be a part of that...
This game is being made on RPG Maker VX, an engine that uses the Ruby programming language (I think).
The games made on RPG Maker VX are for PC only!

If this is to be remade for Mobile phones, then the entire engine must be written from scratch in Java, or whatever will be used in the future.

There is a homebrew software that resembles RPG Maker for Nintendo DS, called Virtual Game Maker, VGM DS.
Back to top Go down
Salazarr
Admin

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:26 pm

Drakir Karakoff wrote:
No, or at least I will not be a part of that...
This game is being made on RPG Maker VX, an engine that uses the Ruby programming language (I think).
The games made on RPG Maker VX are for PC only!

If this is to be remade for Mobile phones, then the entire engine must be written from scratch in Java, or whatever will be used in the future.

There is a homebrew software that resembles RPG Maker for Nintendo DS, called Virtual Game Maker, VGM DS.

maybe we could after but not with rpg maker....
Back to top Go down
https://thunder-games.forumotion.co.uk
Drakir Karakoff
Admin
Drakir Karakoff

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:34 pm

I have made a cellphone game, but I'm not that skilled in Java ME... if I was to take part of that, then I can only come up with ideas and maybe help very little with coding... I don't know how to handle maps and stuff in Java ME.

Maybe I will in some years, don't know what I will encounter, because from next year I will study Civil Engineer in Technical Physics and Electronic Techniques International, and maybe I will choose to program then Razz
Back to top Go down
Salazarr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:42 pm

Drakir Karakoff wrote:
I have made a cellphone game, but I'm not that skilled in Java ME... if I was to take part of that, then I can only come up with ideas and maybe help very little with coding... I don't know how to handle maps and stuff in Java ME.

Maybe I will in some years, don't know what I will encounter, because from next year I will study Civil Engineer in Technical Physics and Electronic Techniques International, and maybe I will choose to program then Razz

yea, well im "okay" at java...
Back to top Go down
Drakir Karakoff
Admin
Drakir Karakoff

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Java SE or Java ME?? Many things are alike, but there are differences. Anyway, I think it's easier to make games on Java ME than Java SE... they have the game api in ME.
Back to top Go down
Salazarr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:20 pm

Drakir Karakoff wrote:
Java SE or Java ME?? Many things are alike, but there are differences. Anyway, I think it's easier to make games on Java ME than Java SE... they have the game api in ME.

Java ME...
Back to top Go down
Convectuoso

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm

Let's give it a try
Back to top Go down
Salazarr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:57 pm

Convectuoso wrote:
Let's give it a try
yay!
Back to top Go down
green929392
green929392

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:35 am

i stink at java
Back to top Go down
Drakir Karakoff
Admin
Drakir Karakoff

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:13 am

With Java, I can only do the most basic things... but I've learned some when I made my Mobile Game, not much really. That game didn't even have animated sprites, only a background image at the menu. The rest was text or drawn geometry figures.
But, it was a Pong-game and that game doesn't need animated sprites Razz .
Back to top Go down
axzus

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:29 am

nice job! Already tried it, a very cool game =D

[Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) 969_mr.green
Back to top Go down
Drakir Karakoff
Admin
Drakir Karakoff

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:58 am

Thanks for your compliment! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Salazarr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:09 am

yea thanks for the compliments guys!
Back to top Go down
Gothpaladinus
Gothpaladinus

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:57 am

Because I was not home when I read this, I couldn't try this out yet, but I'll do it when I'll be able to!
Back to top Go down
http://GothPaladinuS.ATW.com/
Salazarr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Gothpaladinus wrote:
Because I was not home when I read this, I couldn't try this out yet, but I'll do it when I'll be able to!

yay!
Back to top Go down
green929392
green929392

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:47 pm

Shocked i herd that you quit this project and started to make a new zelda game Shocked is this true Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gothpaladinus
Gothpaladinus

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:14 am

green929392 wrote:
Shocked i herd that you quit this project and started to make a new zelda game Shocked is this true Shocked
Really? Where have you read this? affraid
Back to top Go down
Drakir Karakoff
Admin
Drakir Karakoff

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:24 am

That is true! You probably read that on Gorthwogh's Forums...

This project is indeed cancelled since, erm...
Spoiler:
Don't tell Salazarr I wrote that Razz

Well, we are going to start making a Zelda game soon, eventually... right now I have a lot of things in my real life that has to be done Razz

We are also hiring (for free of course) graphical artists, music composers and various designers...

Well, thanks for supporting us anyway! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Gothpaladinus
Gothpaladinus

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:28 am

Drakir Karakoff wrote:
That is true! You probably read that on Gorthwogh's Forums...

This project is indeed cancelled since, erm...
Spoiler:
Don't tell Salazarr I wrote that Razz

Well, we are going to start making a Zelda game soon, eventually... right now I have a lot of things in my real life that has to be done Razz

We are also hiring (for free of course) graphical artists, music composers and various designers...

Well, thanks for supporting us anyway! Smile Smile
Well, then I have 2 questions:
-Is the game developing just paused or it's dead fully?
-Is the demo still able to be downloaded from the site you wrote in the first comment?
Back to top Go down
Drakir Karakoff
Admin
Drakir Karakoff

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:18 am

It is fully DEAD!!!!! But you can still download until I go and delete it myself! Don't worry, I'll post in this thread before I delete it, which I probably won't.
Back to top Go down
Salazarr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:56 am

guess what!!! we r rebuilding it !!!
w00t.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)   [Demo] Return of the Prince (working title) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Demo] Return of the Prince (working title)
Page 1 of 1